Changes in Corona Measures
9 March 2023
Shohei Juku, all persons concerned.
Future changes to corona protection measures
(Review of the concept of wearing masks)
Thank you very much for your cooperation in taking measures against new coronavirus infection.
The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) has announced a review of the concept of wearing masks, etc. Shoheijuku has decided to request that the revised concept of wearing masks in schools be applied from 1 April.
We ask for your consideration so that the wearing and removal of masks will not be forced against the will of the individual and so that the individual’s independent decision will be respected.
As well as reviewing the wearing of masks, we will also resume the use of cleaning rags (zokin) and will not record temperature checks in the dojo before training.
Regarding zokin hanging, please do so in a well ventilated area with plenty of space so that there is no congestion when squeezing and handing out the zokin.
Please take your temperature before coming to the dojo.
Basic infection control measures will continue, so please continue to cooperate with measures such as avoiding close contact, hand washing and other hand hygiene, and thorough ventilation in accordance with the ‘Shoheijuku Recommended Guidelines for the Prevention of The New Corona Virus’.
Future flow of events
From 13 March 2023:
- Masks are not required for both sides during solo movements, demonstrations and examinations.
- Masks should be worn during normal practice and removed at a distance and in a well ventilated area.
From 1 April 2023:
- Mask usage will be left to individual discretion
- Resumption of the use of cleaning rags (Ensure ventilation and avoid congestion at the time of delivery.)
- No temperature checks in the dojo before training (temperature checks before training and taking care of one’s own physical condition are to be done by each individual).